Any student interested in a career in the rapidly expanding health field will get a head start by enrolling in this exciting technical program. Students are prepared for multiple career options as well as postsecondary educational opportunities.
Students have opportunities to earn certification in Nursing Assistant, CPR/AED, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens. Classroom, laboratory, and off-campus clinical experiences are mandatory for completing the CNA certification.
Enrollment in principles of biology and chemistry, anatomy/physiology, Spanish, and higher–level math courses provide students with a sound foundation for starting a health profession career or attending college.
In order to achieve Nurse Assisting certification, the Health Professions program incorporates the following:
- Introduction to Health Care and Health Care Facilities
- Health Information and Electronic Health Records
- Medical Terminology
- Contemporary Health Issues & Professional Roles
- CPR/AED, First Aid & Bloodborne Pathogen Certifications
- Nemours Navigating the Health Care System
- Clinical Experience
- Leadership and Technical Competitions through HOSA
Future Jobs & Career Paths