Who is eligible?
- Anyone interested in beginning a career in the medical professions.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Can provide documentation of work eligibility (driver’s license, Social Security card, and/or working papers).
When are classes offered?
- Classes are starting soon and are currently being held in person and/or Hybrid.
- Classes offered Monday through Friday, day and evening offerings.
- Tuition can be paid in full, in 4 equal installments, or students can apply to Department of Labor for funding.
Why is this for me?
- 40 hours of externship in a medical setting for health profession classes.
- These are certificate programs leading to a national certification.
- Can lead to entry-level employment at $13/hour in the medical field.
How do I sign up?
Health Care Professions
Start a new career or enhance your existing one by enrolling in one of Sussex Tech Adult Division’s highly acclaimed Health Professions programs. Sussex Tech Adult Education offers a variety of courses in the Health Professions. Among those offered are:
This program is designed to prepare students for the State of Delaware Certification Examination to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). You will be scheduled for a minimum of 100 hours of training. Seventy-five hours of classroom & lab training will be conducted at Sussex Tech. There will be an additional 25 hours of clinical training performed at a local healthcare facility.
MEDICAL BILLING & CODING
Medical billing and coding is one of the fastest-growing careers in the healthcare industry today! This billing and coding program will train students to analyze health records in detail, to assign accurate ICD-10 and CTP codes, and to code healthcare services and file insurance claims for third-party insurance reimbursement.
CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT
The Clinical Medical Assistant program will prepare students to assist physicians by performing functions related to all aspects of the medical facility. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
- Administrative office duties, updating/maintaining electronic patient records
- Patient care skills including taking patient vital signs and prepping patients for routine procedures and diagnostic testing
- Basic EKG and phlebotomy skills & much more.
- Click Register Today to sign up or call 302-856-9035, option 5
The phlebotomist is a vital member of the clinical laboratory team, whose main function is to obtain patient’s blood specimens by venipuncture and micro-collection for testing purposes. The Phlebotomy Technician Program prepares professionals to collect blood and other specimens from clients for the purpose of laboratory analysis.
Sussex Tech Adult Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary Aids and services are available upon request for individuals with Disabilities.