2023 Raven Academy Credit Recovery
Parent & Student Information
Sussex Tech’s Raven Academy (Extended School Year/Summer School) program is an individualized program offered in partnership with the James H. Groves In-School program aimed at enhancing students’ understanding and preparing them for their next course of study. Students are assigned an independent course of study via Edmentum’s Plato online coursework. In-person instruction will be available on scheduled mornings.
- 8 days of online coursework completed on campus – June 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Students in class, in person, working online; 12:30-1:00p.m. – Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Instructor office hours
Students must have at least a “50” as a final grade in the previous English, Math, Spanish, Science, or Social Studies course.
- Students are expected to bring their iPads with them
- Students are expected to complete 50% or more of the coursework by Monday, June 26th. Lack of doing so may result in dismissal from the program and denial of ESY credit.
- Students must complete the online course by Thursday, June 29th with a minimum of 65%.
- Failure to follow the regular school code of conduct will result in dismissal from the program.
- Successful completion will earn students one high school credit and a passing grade for the course to replace the failing grade.
- Students are expected to adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the agenda book/code of conduct.
- Attendance is required (any absence will result in dismissal from the Raven Academy)
Algebra I, Algebra II, Pre-calculus, English 9, English 11, Spanish I, Spanish II
Geometry, SMA, US History, English 10, English 12, Bio-chem, Chemistry
Physics, World History, Civics/Economics, Integrated Science
FEE & APPLICATION:
- Breakfast and Lunch provided at no cost
- Bus Transportation to and from hubs (not your individual home)
- The Extended School Year Credit Recovery Application Registration Link will be completed by the Sussex Tech Counselor by conferencing with the student and parent no later than Thursday June 15th.
Your Sussex Tech Counselor to complete the application link
- Students with Last Name ending in A – D, contact Dr. Tull at 302-854-2820, extension 2 or email at email@example.com
- Students with Last Name ending in E – K, contact Mr. Lowe at 302-854-2820, extension 3 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students with Last Name ending in L – Roe, contact Mr. Firch at 302-854-2820, extension 4 or email at email@example.com
- Students with Last Name ending in Rof – Z, contact Mrs. James at 302-854-2820, extension 5 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Raven Academy and Exploratory Program Hub-Stops Bus Schedule22-23 Raven Academy & Exploratory Bus Schedule