With students as the central purpose, the James H. Groves Adult High School provides opportunities for adults to learn according to their unique abilities, interests, and aspirations to acquire a high school education. This education provides graduates with the foundation skills to secure social, political, and economic independence in a technological and global society.
Students are assured that administration and staff believes in and is committed to:
• Access to the Groves program.
• Courses and programs of study that is responsive to the changes of the community, and diversity of students.
• Customizing instructional delivery to meet the learning needs of students.
• Programs of study that promote lifelong learning, self-direction, and technological literacy.
• Addressing student goals within the instructional program.
• Excellence of instruction with meaningful, rigorous, and fair standards.
• A curriculum that embodies the roles of adult learners and enhances the individual’s opportunities for employment, to be more productive citizens, and more effective family members.
• A supportive learning environment that enables students to obtain maximum benefits from their instructional program.
• Providing non-instructional services that reinforce academic success, nurture leadership qualities, and inspire students to achieve to their fullest potential.
The objectives of the James H. Groves Adult High School reflect the beliefs of state and school personnel. The faculty and administration will:
• Provide quality instruction to improve student skills and competencies.
• Provide employability skills.
• Engage adults as active learners.
• Provide support to retain students to program completion.
• Offer information and a plan for post-secondary educational opportunities beyond the Groves Adult High School program.
• Provide options and opportunities for learning in a flexible manner.
• Promote personal, social, and civic responsibility to enable individuals to be effective workers, family members, and community members.
• Enable students to be aware of their impact on the environment and adapt to the changing multicultural society and global economy.